Thursday 12 March 2020

Digital Fluency Session 1 2020


I've really enjoyed having the time to tidy up my google drive and to organise my drive in
a way that's more workable.
I have numbered each folder to organise the order of priority and have colour coded folders.
I learned that by right clicking on my bookmarks I was able to edit the name of each bookmark
and remove the written title to allow for more bookmarks on the bookmarks bar.

I have been able to set up a new person profile on my computer. On my mac I can find the
people tab at the top of the screen and have been able to add another google account.
I now have a professional and personal google account that I can switch between.


Where to next :

Apps to try with the children in class

Kaizena  (voice comments)
News Finder -It was really great to discover that to find any google app I can just search
app.google.com e.g. mail.google.com to access any app.
Docu Tube - embed a video's into the doc 
Mindmeister - helps to brainstorm on a google doc. 


FONTS

Lexend Zetta - helps children to read and write 10% increased speed for all readers  

helpful websites that I have come across today: 

remove.bg - removes the background of an image. 

It was really great to discover that to find any google app I can just search
app.google.com e.g. mail.google.com to access any app.



3 comments:

  1. Kia ora Alisha,
    Tiding up always makes you feel better, doesn't it! Great reflection of the day, I am really interested in the font and using it with students... I wonder if the difference will be obvious... we will see!
    Keep up the great work,
    Kelsey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kia ora Kelsey
      Thank you so much for all your digital support!!
      Yes it will be interesting to see if the font is useful for children, this is something that I must trial in class when the children type their stories into google docs.
      Alisha

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

DFI Session 9

Today was the last DFI session. I have gained soo much new knowledge- what wonderful professional development. I have come out of this train...