Thursday 2 April 2020

DFI Session 3



Today the DFI was held via Google Hangout! This was such a fantastic experience to be apart of and really helped to build on my knowledge using this app. Each time I use google Hangouts I'm feeling more confident. If our NZ lock down continues past the 'holidays' I can see this will be our next step to be presenting content for our Tamariki each day.
I had never used the grid view before so this was a helpful add on to download straight away, and what a difference it makes when multiple people are in the video chat at one time!

When teaching very young children (5/6 year olds) using google hangouts it was suggested that publishing the link on the classrooms web page was the best way to control the interaction and then just removing it when the hang out had finished. This is definitely something I will give a try with our class.   

You Tube:

Wow lots of new learning using youtube today.
I have created a channel and added my first play list and I can now embed these video's.
Heres how I embedded the one below...

Youtube, your channel, playlists, click on the playlist, share arrow, embed, copy link. 
In blogger add link to HTML section.

Here is my test embed of my first playlist! (3 maths videos) Enjoy!






Google Slides 

I currently use google slides for planning and sharing this planning and activities with whānau.
Today I looked further into pick a path with Kelsey (thanks for all your help today).
Here is my very fast attempt at creating a fun wee interactive game, with emergent readers and writers in mind.

Google Doc - Interactive Game, Have a Try!

I found this slide imperative in creating a successful pathway... 













3 comments:

  1. Hi Alisha
    I teach 5 and 6 year olds as well. Your Maths example fits with my class. I embedded ABC videos as an example. I like how you mentioned about putting the link into the website page - a good reminder for how our Syndicate will cope with Online Distance Learning. Good luck for the week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Helen
    It is really great seeing ways to use this new learning with younger children isn't it! We use iPads in our class so it is interesting to see how it can all be transferred over.
    All the best
    Alisha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Alisha,
    You are very welcome for the help! That is what I am here for after all. I agree the more you have a "hangout" the more confident you will be. Connecting with your students through this way and being able to see all their faces via the grid extension is also super! I look forward to hearing how this all goes for you in the weeks to come. Thanks for your math playlist too!
    - Kelsey

    ReplyDelete

DFI Session 9

Today was the last DFI session. I have gained soo much new knowledge- what wonderful professional development. I have come out of this train...